1. Creamy Banana Ice Cream
You Will Need
2 large ripe bananas
Vanilla bean (optional)
peanut butter (optional)
Food processor or Vitamix
- Peel the bananas and cut them into thick coins or chunks ( makes it easier to blend)
- Put the bananas slices into a tapperware or a freeze bag and freeze over night
- Blend the frozen banana pieces in a small food processor or powerful blender:
- Keep blending — the banana will begin to look crumbly
- Keep blending — the banana will then look gooey
- Keep blending — the banana will gradually get smoother but still have chunks of banana in it.
- vualá ! you’ll see the mixture shift from blended banana to creamy, soft-serve ice cream texture. Blend for a few more seconds to aerate the ice cream.
- Add few drops of vanilla organic drops (optional)
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until solid: You can eat the ice cream immediately, but it will be quite soft. You can also transfer it back into the airtight container and freeze it until solid, like traditional ice cream.
You may scoop out the ice cream and serve with oatmeal flakes, or chiaseeds drenched in almond milk.. or any fruits of your liking, we recommend blue berries, or toasted cocnut flakes.