Once i concislly deicded to transitioning from a perctisian to being vegan, a burger was one thing i though i would miss, fortunately this black bean burger not only tastes simialr but has a similar texture better and you can bet its healthier will give stratify your hunger and leave you with lots of energry.
- 300g of black beans (cooked) fresh the better
- 100g of chickpeas (cooked) fresh the better
- 1 large white onion (grated)
- 2 glove of grated garlic
- 1 red grilled pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 table spoon of soaked chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cayne pepper (optional)
- 1 teasspoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of smoked liquid
- 1 tablespoon of seasame oil
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 tea spoon of cayanne pepper or smoked paprika
- half grilled pepper
- half tea spoon of smoked liquid
- half a lemon squeeze
- teaspoon of brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cracked black pepper
- three freshly chopped rings of red onion (optional)
- jalapeno or pickle slices
- Kale or rocket
- Avocado or guacamole
mix together all of the ingredients, and gradually mush, and mix well until all ingredients have been incorporate but make then into burger patties, then refrigerate for an hour or so. Then either grill them or fry them 3 – 5 minutes on each side.
For the sauce mix all ingredients together and blend and add salt or pepper to taste. place the patties on the buns then add vegan cheese (here’s the recipe) on top of the patties and add the sauce generously,then add the toppings, either the kale or rockets, and jalapeno or pickle slices then add the avocado.
TWEET ME @oganikkupantry YOU MUNCHING AWAY!