This sandwich is filled with the southern flavors of the bbq, sauteed mushrooms, onions, and ground cloves.
(Pulled bbq mushroom)
- 1/2 white onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp macadamia oil
- 8-10 C sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tsp chipotle chili
- 1 tsp toasted cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 bbq sauce (make your own)
- 1 C green cabbage, finely shredded or chopped
- 1 C coriander finely chopped into ribbons
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 C sour garlic dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/2 C vegan caesar dressing
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- To make the bbq mushrooms, saute the onions over medium heat with macadamia oil for 2 – 3 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and saute for another 5-6 minute, add in spices and stir to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Then add bbq sauce and stir to coat well. Heat over medium-low heat for another 5 – 7 minutes until the mushrooms are fully cooked through. The bbq sauce should fully coat the mushrooms – the sauce should have a thick consistency, but still moist and sauced.
- To make the slaw, combine sea salt and the lemon juice into the cabbage and coriander, and red onions for a few minutes until wilted and softened.
- Mix the caesar dressing with vegan light mayonnaise, organic apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard until well combined.
- Drizzle and toss to coat well.
- Assemble the sandwiches on kaiser rolls with a generous layer of the pulled bbq mushrooms and then coriander slaw on top.