An easy, healthy comfort food, this risotto got a smooth and creamy texture and full of umami from the truffle and porcini and the nutritional yeast adds the cheese like flavour and 100% vegan
- 1 tbsp truffle oil or olive oil
- 1 shallot (or ½ white onion), diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 100g / 1 cup porcini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 100g / ½ cup rice
- Approx 500ml / 2 cups seaweed stock
- (Optional) ½ tbsp lime juice
- (Optional) 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Fresh thyme, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the shallot and garlic and saute on a medium-low heat until softened.
- soak mushrooms in hot water until softened drain and add mushrooms and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the risotto rice and immediately pour in the stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Add more stock, if necessary.
- Once cooked, stir in the nutritional yeast, stir in a handful of chopped fresh thyme and season with salt and pepper.
Pantry’s Tip: getting a starchy rice will make this risotto have it creamy texture