These were unbelievable wings, similar texture and almost the exact flavor as the SPICY buffalo wings. It had a palate-stimulating crisp outer layer and a moist inner core, puts everything in place, and the vegan range sauce was creamy.
- 1 medium cauliflower, cleaned and chopped
- ½ cup plant-based milk ( Almond, Hemp, Quinoa)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne, optional
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 1 cup frank’s red hot sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, earth balance
- Preheat oven to 425-450 F depending on your oven.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper, set aside
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite-sized.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, spices, water and milk combine until the batter has a thick consistency and is able to coat the cauliflower without dripping.
- Dip the cauliflower into the batter. either in batches or individually. Shake off excess batter before placing cauliflower on the baking sheet. Lay the cauliflower on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden tint, flipping the pieces over halfway through to get all sides golden brown and to crisp up.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare your buffalo sauce. In a small saucepan on low heat melt vegan butter and mix in hot sauce and vinegar. Remove from the heat just as it starts to melt. Stir together and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is firm and has a golden tint, remove them from the oven and transfer them into a mixing bowl with the sauce. Gently toss until evenly coated. Return cauliflower to baking sheet and bake in the oven for another 10 – 15 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame toasted seeds and serve with vegan ranch sauce
Pantry’s Tip: Add 1 tbsp brown sugar into your hot sauce to reduce the spiciness and to thicken the sauce to easily coat the cauliflower