Before becoming vegan, I was a pescetarian, and smoked salmon was my breakfast to go. But ever since I became vegan I wanted to experiment the flavors of salmon and texture using plant based ingredients and well… well… I was have finally perfected two ways of preparing vegan smoked salmon that I personally know of and now you do too.
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Tbsp. Miso Paste
- 1 Tsp. Liquid Smoke
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 cups Water
- 1 Sheet Nori
Preparation 1st Way
- Using a vegetable peeler to cut the carrots into very thin strips. Place the carrot strips in a small baking dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a high blender and blend into a paste. Pour over carrots and cover the baking dish with a tight layer of aluminium foil.
- In a preheated oven 200C bake for about 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180 and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Remove carrot strips from the broth and refrigerate in an airtight container overnight before serving.
Preparation 2nd Way
- Pour salt into a baking tin, add the carrots(unpeeled) and pour the rest of the salt making sure carrots have been submerged into the salt
- In a preheated oven 200C bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- Remove from heat. Gently and carefully crack salt to remove the carrots, thinly slice carrots and add place onto a plastic tin, add the Liquid Smoke, shredded nori sheet and minced garlic refrigerate overnight and serve.
- Garnish with capers or coriander or Dill